Thursday, April 14, 2016

Embrace the Challenges of Life


In her book Inside Out, author Kimberly Daniels said that “when we attempt to go around things in life instead of going through them, we keep the same mind-set.  The result is that our mind-set stays un-renewed in the areas of life where we are being challenged.”

I am a classic avoider; I own that.  The problem is that I never realized how much this character trait hurt my development in school, at work, and in life.  I had the spirit of arrested development that denies any growth. 

Now I’m starting to put myself out there more and more each day.  I’m taking on more challenging duties at work.  I can no longer allow fear to rule my life and cause me to avoid new things.  I admit I’m still nervous but as it says in the book of 2nd Corinthian 5:7, we walk by faith, not by sight.

Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins and I’m an Adult Child of and Alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment