Thursday, January 26, 2017

Prioritizing


For the last couple of years I’ve been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I worked full-time, went to school part-time, worked on my novel and wrote this blog.  Well, I finally received my undergraduate degree in communication and my novel is nearly complete. 

Now it’s important for me to get the down time that I need to reflect and recover.  But recovery can be exhausting, the emotional work I’m doing is indeed ‘work.’  I need to allow myself extra rest and quiet in order to process all that I’ve been through and still going through.

When I’m rested, the events of my life go more smoothly.  I’ll be less edgy and when the little things go wrong, I’ll have an easier time letting them roll off my back.

Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins, and I’m a recovering Adult Child of an Alcoholic.

@TrinityUniv
#ACoAAwareness

No comments:

Post a Comment