Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Power of My Thoughts


I realize that I tend to produce in my life what I feel is true for myself.  My thoughts have a creative power of their own.  If I look closely, I can see my thoughts come to life.  I create the possibility of what I would like by first experiencing it in my mind.

Seven years ago, in my minds’ eye, I visualized myself earning my Bachelor of Art Degree and walking across the stage of a graduation ceremony.  My vision of my higher learning achievement finally came to fruition on January 6, 2017.

Growing up in a dysfunctional home, the youngest child of an alcoholic father and ACOA mother, I had little opportunity to dream of my own future.  My attention was always on others and not myself.  Now I have learned to accept what I see in my inner eye and fully participate in my own vision.  I will enjoy picturing my vision and let it manifest, if it is right for me, in God’s time.

Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins, and I’m an Adult Child of an Alcoholic.
#ACoAAwareness
#myacoalife
www.innerlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment