Thursday, June 2, 2016

Self-Sabotage II


I continue to struggle with my weight loss efforts.  I make progress but then I’ll binge on sweets or salty snacks.  I wondered what was behind my self-sabotaging.  On some deeper level do I believe that I don’t deserve a thin body and happiness? 

In a strange way, carrying the extra weight may be much more inside my comfort zone.  As unhappy as I am with the being overweight, I already know what to expect in life – things are familiar and predictable.

These are beliefs that I either learned from others or created for myself.  However, I must learn that I don’t have to carry these beliefs any further.  Changing these beliefs will require some deep reflection and earnest effort.  But any negative beliefs I have about myself, my body or my worthiness as a person can be changed.

Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins and I’m an Adult Child of an Alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment