Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Gift of Change

As we enter the season of giving I can’t help but to reflect on my life.  A year ago I was discovering what it means to my life to be an Adult Child of an Alcoholic (ACOA).  Through study and gaining knowledge I’ve been able to make many small but significant changes in my life and in myself.

With these changes also came a spiritual transformation.  With the outcome of the 2016 United States Presidential election, the world seems to have been tossed off its axis.  What does this mean for humanity?  Sorry, it’s my ACOA trait – anxiety kicking in

When I say I want world peace, first I have to understand that without inner peace, there will be no world peace.  One of the ways in which I can serve the cause of humanity is to be within myself; a genuinely spiritual person respecting all sects and creeds, but standing on my own as a conduit of higher truth.  I will not wait for peace to be handed to me as a gift for good behavior but will do the inner work needed to achieve it.

I look forward to continued growth and transformation in the coming New Year.  Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins and I’m an Adult Child of an Alcoholic.

#ACoAAwareness


No comments:

Post a Comment