Thursday, December 29, 2016

Shedding 2016


I had a dream last night.  I don’t remember what it was about exactly but a snake figured prominently.  Oddly, when I awoke, I wasn’t afraid but I was curious about the significance of the snake.
Snakes shed their skin to allow for further growth and to remove parasites that have attached to their old skin.  As a snake grows, its skin becomes stretched.  The classic dream of the snake is a symbol of transformation. 
This year, through my continued learning about being an adult child of an alcoholic, I can see that I have grown.  I have shed a lot of my old insecurities, self-doubt, people pleasing, and other classic adult child characteristics.  I have also removed people from my life who sought to bring me down rather than lift me up.  The transformation is uncomfortable but worth it because I’m finally becoming the person my Creator made me to be.
Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins and I’m a recovering Adult Child of an Alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment