Thursday, December 1, 2016

ACOAs and Interpersonal Relationships

Growing up with an alcoholic father caused me to have some problems with interpersonal relationships.  I find that I need help to learn the things that I was deprived of growing up.  As a child, the world within an alcoholic household was both unpredictable and unstable.

Daughters need to feel that they can count on their father to care for them and to love them.  I certainly could not depend on my father.  Promises made while he was drunk were soon forgotten when he was sober.

The stages for development that all children need are proper nurturing, support and guidance.  My father was seriously lacking in these areas and as a result I did not develop a sense of self, and sense of self-esteem, like other children did.


I’m grateful for knowledge and the great strides that I’ve made in the past year.  Hi, I’m Liz Hawkins and I’m a recovering Adult Child of an Alcoholic.

#ACoA_Awareness
#myacoalife
#breakinggenerationalcurses

No comments:

Post a Comment